A few of my favorite things.....

A few of my favorite things.....

Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010, a fresh start


So perhaps my new years resolution should be to start blogging? I mean, everyone is doing it right? Who wouldn't want to read my rantings and boring thoughts? For some reason, I read everyone else's! First on my mind, HGTV isn't on the air. For some reason Cablevision can't work out a deal with them and the Food Network. So what the heck am I supposed to watch now? Now the Style network has gone black. hmmmm ok I'm down to TLC, Fox News & Bravo.

Ok, enough about my dirty TV habits. What is this blog supposed to accomplish? Follow family news? Learn more about the inner workings of Stacey's brain? Let me type at random when I feel like it? Ok, all of the above.

First of all, if you haven't seen our Christmas picture of the kids, it's at the top. Merry Christmas! Looking back at 2009, it has had it's ups and it's downs. January, I turned 32 and I can't remember what I did, so it probably wasn't much! Six years married to Rob January 11th, and we went to the Melting Pot! YUM! Highly recommend. Feb, don't remember. March, almost ready to pop being pregnant with Judah and we were looking to move to College Park (Orlando neighborhood), to be closer to church and friends. Gained way too much weight, but had fun eating for sure. Rob was starting to practice Real Estate and loving it. April we moved on the first then had Judah on the 15th! He was an amazing baby that slept through the night early and just really fit right in to our family. He continues to fit right in ;-) May, on maternity leave, Rob doing real estate, adjusting to three. Adjusting to three was quite difficult. Everyone said the one to two adjustment was the hard one, well I disagree! Two to Three took a while. We're all adjusted now though. There was much sweat and tears during the first few weeks, but we made it, so far! June, still on maternity leave. Visited friends and family in NJ. Drove up and back. The drive with the kids wasn't so horrible! We stopped at the Tilleys for a visit on the way up and it was fantastic, their new home (at the time it was new) is fantastic and well suited for their family. Kristen has the greatest hospitality and we miss them! June 28th, ah back to work. Somewhat of a relief for me, good to be back and get back into the swing of things. Although we were starting to question where we should be, FL or NJ? We deliberated all of July and Rob had an interview in NJ. He got the job and we took that as, we're supposed to be in NJ...August, I gave my 3 weeks notice and then cried for the rest of the month. Cried at home, cried at work, cried with VP's, cried with my team. It was a month for goodbyes. We packed up and headed north. Driving again to NJ with 3 small children. Again, not that bad. September, back in NJ. Found a place on the beach in Lavallette, not bad. October, time for some Halloween and costumes. I had a Pink Crayon, Woody from Toy Story and a baby that wore orange!! November, hmmm Thanksgiving, good times with the fam. Missing FL. December was cold, first snow, missed FL, family Christmas is nice, but I wish I was going back to FL.

Overall theme? Made a tough decision to move back to NJ and I miss FL big time. But the grass is always greener and it takes me a while to adjust to new things. So, give me time, I'm sure I'll make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment