A few of my favorite things.....

A few of my favorite things.....

Monday, January 4, 2010

Don't get me wrong

Ok ok, so I hate living in NJ, but please don't get me wrong! I know this is the right place to be, I know we're supposed to be here. I see it all around me. But it doesn't make it any easier on me practically. Does that make any sense?

Everything has worked out perfectly, we found a great house, Rob has a great job, we found a church. All things have fallen into place. But I long to be in a warm place, with a great church and happy people around. You see, NJ is filled with mostly un-happy people and I think they're rubbing off on me! Say it isn't so! I can see why they're so un happy. It's too cold here, too many days of overcast, the summer is short, the city is mean, the sun doesn't stay up long enough, you can't make left turns (except sometimes-which makes it even more difficult), there are no SUPER Targets. Don't get me started on Target Greatland. It's not even close. So I'll just rant on this blog and hope not to go crazy....

It didn't help that today sucked. But I guess each new day will have it's own set of challenges, or so I've heard. It's the small things I have to focus on. We got a new rubber mat for the bathtub! Now Canaan might actually sit down in the tub, he refuses to sit down and I'm thinking it's because he feels like he's going to slip. I went to Target with all the kids in the freezing cold and they all held up well, although by the time we got home, Judah was a complete mess. I smelled gas again, yes AGAIN in our house. The pilot light blew out....again. But I'm glad my nose can smell natural gas so well! It happens quite often at our house, and I'm not joking.  Ok so tomorrow my goal is to see the good in everything which I usually can, it's just been harder lately :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment