A few of my favorite things.....

A few of my favorite things.....

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Birthday Shmirfday

So yesterday was my birthday! I turned 33. That's right, I'm 33.... I know, I know, you're thinking wow, you look like you're 23. To you I say, oh shut up! I do not! I looked in the mirror yesterday after getting ready for a "night out on the town" with our friends the Entwistles and thought, WOW, I totally look my age! ha ha ha, I guess there could be worse things. Oh, you're wondering what a "night on the town" is for two couples, all over the age of 30, and has a combined six kids is? What else would there be other than Chilis and a Coffee shop? We had babysitters too... phew, slow down you crazy kids! We were pushing the AARP edge going to Chilis, the food is "spicy" according to the old folks. You know, I worked for Chilis for quite some time and I do frequent there, and if you look around any given Chilis you will rarely see old people. So, I guess I'm not totally going out to buy my Metamucil yet. Ok, back to my birthday. We met Jim and Jess there, no kids, and I seriously had a blast. We could have gone to Arby's and Mobile on the Run and still had a blast. Those two are great. Needless to say my birthday was fun. Prior to our crazy night out, my Mom came over to watch the kids so I could go shopping by-my-self! WOW, forgot what that was like. I didn't need to pack diapers, juice, bottle, blankets, pacifiers, snacks (ok, maybe snacks), wipes or biter biscuits. Or I didn't have to time this adventure juuuuuuuussssstttt right so I could ensure there were no meltdowns or attitudes. Yes, it was refreshing! So thanks to all for making my day just what I hoped it would be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment